Houthi strike kills two and wounds seven - ednews.net

27 January, Thursday

Houthi strike kills two and wounds seven

The fatalities include a Saudi citizen and a Yemeni resident

World A- A A+
Two people were killed and seven injured after a Houthi projectile targeted the southern Saudi city of Jazan on Friday, Saudi state media has reported.
 
The fatalities were a Saudi citizen and a Yemeni resident, the Saudi Press Agency and other media reported.
 
Lt. Col. Mohammed Al-Hammad, the official spokesperson for the General Directorate of Civil Defence, said that Civil Defence received a report about the fall of a hostile projectile launched by Houthi militia from inside Yemeni territory towards Samtah governorate in Jazan region.
 
He added civil defence teams sent to the site discovered a military projectile had fallen on a commercial store on the main street, resulting in the two deaths.
 
He said six of the wounded were Saudi civilians and one was a Bangladeshi resident, SPA reported.
 
Earlier on Friday, the Saudi-led coalition has said it destroyed nine Houthi weapons depots near the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Friday.
 
A military operation targeted the Tashreefat military camp run by Iran-backed Houthi rebels, the Saudi state news agency quoted the coalition as saying.
 
The Houthis have launched repeated cross-border drone and missile attacks on Saudi Arabia since the Saudi-led coalition intervened in Yemen in March 2015, after the rebels ousted the internationally recognised government from Sanaa.

 

Report a mistake by marking it and pressing Ctrl+Enter

EurasiaDiary © Must be hyperlinked when used.

Follow us:
Twitter: @Eurasia_Eng
Facebook: EurasiaEng
Telegram: @eurasia_diary


Загрузка...