'We are ready to confront any threat' - Iranian FM Spokesman | Eurasia Diary - ednews.net

17 October, Thursday


'We are ready to confront any threat' - Iranian FM Spokesman

Politics A- A A+

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Mousavi said that Iran will not allow the United States to violate the county’s territory, Mehr News reports.

“Regardless of any decision made by the United States, we will not allow any act of intrusion into the Islamic Republic territory, and we are ready to confront any threat to the integrity of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” he told Tasnim News Agency on Saturday.

The remarks came as US President Donald Trump claimed on Friday that he had called off a strike against Iranian sites because they were not proportional to downing a drone by the IRGC, which had violated the Iranian airspace.

“Our decisions are not subject to their [US] decisions and we will confront aggression whether they level threats or not,” Mousavi added.

IRGC said Thursday that a US-made Global Hawk surveillance drone was brought down by its Air Force near the Kouh-e Mobarak region, which sits in the central district of Jask County, after the aircraft violated Iranian airspace. Despite US claims that the drone had been flying over international waters, Iran says it has retrieved sections of drone in its own territorial waters where it was shot down. Foreign Minister Zarif said in a tweet hours after the incident that Iran would “take this new aggression to UN & show that the US is lying about international waters.”

Read more:

 

Report a mistake by marking it and pressing Ctrl+Enter

EurasiaDiary © Must be hyperlinked when used.

Follow us:
Twitter: @Eurasia_Eng
Facebook: EurasiaEng


Загрузка...