Recently, Norwegian businessman, Field Sales Manager of "Rofi" company Roald Løseth was a guest of the International Eurasia Press Fund. Mr. Løseth met with the president of IEPF, Umud Mirzayev, and had a bilateral exchange of views. R. Løseth spoke to Ednews after the interesting meeting.
Touching on interesting nuances during the conversation, the businessman also spoke about "Rofi" company.
Here is the interview in question:
- Would you tell us about yourself?
- My name is Roald Løseth. I live in Molde, Norway. I am the Area Sales Manager of "Rofi" company.
- I would like to talk about your company's field of activity. What year was it created? Where do you operate?
- Our company operates in Molde. We manufacture minesweeping tents and protective equipment. The company was founded in 1914. However, since 1985, it has started the production of demining equipment. At the beginning, we started supplying the humanitarian organization "Norwegian People's Aid", the "Danish Refugee Council" and later for the "International Committee of the Red Cross" with our products, and we are still continuing this work.
- I remember, we talked about your activities in Karabakh in 1994. I would like you to talk about it in detail.
- In 1994, I visited Azerbaijan on behalf of the Norwegian Red Cross Society. Our task was to help refugees from Karabakh due to the conflict and provide them with temporary shelter. Our camps were established in Sabirabad. I worked there for 4 weeks. In cooperation with the management of the camp there, we provided 20 gardens and shelter for 2 thousand people.
- How do you feel about the processes that took place at that time and the events as a person who has witnessed the difficult situation people were in?
- As a person who saw the events, of course I can say that I feel very unfortunate. I wish this to end soon. It was a very tragic scene. Those refugees who came to us came in a very difficult condition. They took what they could and ran to our shelters. We received them, embraced them in our shelters and provided them with help. The rest was solved by the Azerbaijan Red Crescent Society.
- How did your relationship with IEPF begin and what is the current direction of your activities?
- Our relations with BAMF started last year at the international conference on demining held in Baku. In November last year, I visited Azerbaijan to assess the status of demining activities in the Karabakh region. And now we are here to equip mine sweepers with our new protective clothing equipment.
- I wish you success in your work.
İnterviewer: Akbar Novruz